I've been involved in a number of different projects. Below are
some current and past projects that I've worked on.
there is a subgroup of the SAIL lab that works on
researching emotion-related phenomenon. My focus is on
emotion in text, in dialog contexts, and for user modeling.
Here is a link for
the emotion group's webpage,
and here is a link to my
work on emotions in text. My thesis is about how people use
natural language to describe emotions. It involves fuzzy
logic, natural language processing, and a game
called Emotion Twenty
Questions (EMO20Q) .
I also have been working
analysis, in particular a
sentiment of Twitter Tweets for the 2012 US Presidential
election (please note that this is a research site --
whether twitter reflects the wider public sentiment is an open
question -- and also please expect some down times with the site).
- Children's Language and Technology Literacy
TBALL is a joint project between USC, UCLA, Berkeley, and the Los
Angeles Unified School District. It stands for Technology-Based
Assessment of Language and Literacy. The goal is to assess
children's oral reading skills using speech recognition,
develop literacy testing standards, and provide useful feedback to
teachers. Here's a link that I
maintain regarding my work on the project and here's the
FAMLI afterschool program OLPC pilot is a joint project
afterschool program and One
Laptop Per Child (OLPC) . It aims to develop technology literacy among middle schoolers, with the help of the open source community.
- COMMUNICATOR project
Though I didn't work on the
communicator project while it was active, Dr. Shri Narayanan,
my advisor, did before he came to USC. I've analyzed the
recordings, transcripts, and logs off-line. The COMMUNICATOR
project was a DARPA-sponsored voice-automated airline
ticketing application developed by several unversities and
CLAM stands for C++ Library for Audio and Music. It is a
Qt-based library being developed by open source methodologies. The
people working on it are from all over, but the main
institution is Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona. I worked on this
project through thanks to the Google Summer of Code.